Monday 16 March 2015

In the Pink.


I started this quilt back in 2013 at a sewing retreat. The pattern is from a book by Pam and Nicky Lintott which I borrowed  from the library but I can't recall the title. Whilst I really like the pattern and individually I like most of the fabrics I'm not overly keen on how I positioned the fabrics together in the centre of the blocks. I also ran out of the light border fabrics and had to use a different one in some areas which I don't think looks great either.
I don't agree with giving dodgy quilts to charities but I decided to donate it to Siblings Together as I think the faults I see in the quilt probably don't bother other people and the overall look of the quilt is OK. 






 Believe it or not I bought the backing fabric especially for this quilt but didn't work out how much I needed and wildly under-estimated the quantity, consequently I had to piece quite a big panel to make it big enough.


The quilt o metre has now gone up to 19 finished quilts with lots of activity still going on with people making many more.

5 comments:

Catherine said...

It's a fantastic quilt and will make someone very happy!

Fran said...

It's far from dodgy, and a lovely, pretty quilt!

Kim said...

I think you are being very hard on yourself. It is a beautiful quilt and the charity will be thrilled to receive such a lovely quilt!

Glinda ♥ said...

You are so harsh about your quilts! No need, Maria - it's another great finish. I now have 5 to baste and quilt (including my Strip Bee) - hoping to clear some space in the garage and start on them next weekend :)

Ruth said...

I quite like the different light fabrics , definitely one someone will treasure and worth not giving up on.